Monday, January 17, 2011

Golden Globes 2011

Award season has started!! I love award shows and love love watching the red carpet for all the glamorous looks. The Golden Globes last night were great, I was happy with all the winners and I really think everyone looked great this year - there were a lot more well dressed than not!! It was pretty hard for me to narrow down favorites because everyone looked great but I got it down to my 10 favorites!

Something that stood out to me was that a lot of the people on my list are wearing shades of pink, which is weird for me. Back in the day when I was a really cool (read: dorky) middle schooler, I went through a phase where I was obsessed with pink and basically everything in my room was pink, but I got so sick of that so quickly that I vowed off pink for good. To this day, pink has been one of my least favorite colors - I can count the number of pink items of clothing I own on one hand. But lately, its been growing on me again. It started with peaches more, but now, as you can tell by my favorites, I'm actually into pink right now. We'll see how this affects my wardrobe! Anyway, here are my favorites from the Golden Globes!




Emma Stone was hands down my favorite of the night. Like I said, I've been loving the color peach and she just looks absolutely stunning in Calvin Klein Collection. And although I'm a fan of redheads, I love her as a blonde. Newest girl crush? I think yes!


Anne Hathaway in Giorgio Armani Prive - I feel like only she could pull of this dress but she does it beautifully; Dianna Agron channeling Betty Draper or Grace Kelly (or both!) in J. Mendel; Leighton Meester also looking great in sharp shoulders in Burberry Prorsum.


I was so happy that Natalie Portman won Best Actress for Black Swan! She definitely deserved it after an amazing performance and she looks absolutely stunning with her baby bump in Viktor & Rolf; January Jones in Versace - WOW hello Vixen! She looks amazing with a red dress and red lips; Jennifer Lawrence, from Winter's Bone, looks elegant yet fun and modern in this black Louis Vuitton gown.


Angelina Jolie also wore sharp shoulders last night, but in a gorgeous emerald green Atelier Versace gown; Mila Kunis, also in emerald green, looking beautiful in a one-shouldered Vera Wang gown; Amy Adams looks amazing in this one-shoulder Marchesa gown - I love the laser cut details in the bodice.

(via: JustJared)







So what were your favorites of the night?
xo!

1 comment:

  1. Loved Anne, Emma and Leighton :)
    somehow-someday.blogspot.com
    x

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading & I love all your comments! I try my best to comment back and follow all of your lovely blogs!
xo