Friday, March 27, 2009

Inside All of Us is a Wild Thing



Finally! We all remember loving "Where the Wild Things Are" by Maurice Sendak back when we were children. Well the movie version of it is finally coming out on October 16, 2009! Since the trailer just came out, I thought I'd ramble about how excited I am for this. They first announced the movie with a release of a photo back in June 2007, and it was set to release in October 2008. But the development of the movie, directed by Spike Jonze (Being John Malkovich), ran into issues when it was thought to be to dark for children. So they actually just started again and remade the movie! While a dark version of it would probably have been awesome, no doubt, the trailer still looks extremely promising. First off, I'm excited that Spike Jonze is directing, he directed Being John Malkovich, and he's married to Sofia Coppola (Virgin Suicides, Marie Antoinette, she's Marc Jacobs' muse!) which is a plus in my book. He seems like he did this movie just right. In an interview he said, "It’s like your imagination is so convincing to yourself that... you’re there, you’re in it. And I wanted this movie to take it as seriously as kids take their imagination and not, like, fantasy it up. So I think it just started from that feeling, that it could feel like you were there with them, like Max was there with them, and not just in some fantasy movie." Check out the interview here for more amazing-ness from Mr. Jonze. Also, the movie has a great cast, including Forest Whitaker, Paul Dano, Catherine Keener, James Gandolfini and Mark Ruffalo. Not to mention that little Max is adorable!






-xo, C.

PS. The song in the trailer is a version of "Wake Up" by The Arcade Fire recorded exclusively for this movie

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks so much for reading & I love all your comments! I try my best to comment back and follow all of your lovely blogs!
xo