Monday, August 23, 2010

August Inspiration: The New Retro

So I do realize that it's almost the end of the month and I'm just now posting August Inspiration, but since this is a look that I feel will carry over into September, I'm going to say this is my end of summer beginning of fall inspiration and that's why it came so late! ;) Regardless, what I'm obsessing with right now is the look that all the magazines are calling the "New Retro," which is basically that lovely Fifties sophisticated and feminine feel with a modern twist. I definitely have always loved the fifties, in fact my kitchen decorations for college have been fifties inspired with cherry red accents and the cutest cherry print apron that my mom made for me based off of a vintage Vogue pattern! I even just got this cute retro clock to put up. I'm obsessed with the idea of this look in my wardrobe too, I just love the silhouttes and the fall tones that make it look so classically cool. Just think Louis Vuitton's Fall 2010 collection, dab on some red lipstick and you're set!



W Magazine, August 2010
Elle UK, September 2010

Louis Vuitton Fall/Winter 2010 Campaign
Elle Sweden, August 2010


Vogue US, July 2010


Vogue US, September 2010
source: Fashion Gone Rogue, weheartit







Until next time,
xo!

6 comments:

  1. Hey Camille, I might be going crazy, but I think I saw you in New York on maybe the 20th or the 21st of August. It was near Times Square, I think (I've just come back from my holiday)!

    I just walked right past you, but I think it was you. You were wearing a yellow dress with white polka dots? Sorry if this seems really stalkerish, but I was really surprised, because I've never seen any bloggers from the blogs I follow!

    Loving the inspiration for August and your blog, as always!
    Chloe xxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love it! thanks for posting:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the retro looks you put together - really great stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  4. More like what the Owl left on the branch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the vibe. So timeless and well put-together.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks so much for reading & I love all your comments! I try my best to comment back and follow all of your lovely blogs!
xo